the Golden Community Garden is FULL for 2017!
All new and returning gardeners must apply each year. Apply early; garden space is in high demand! Plots are assigned on a first-come, first served basis with preference given to returning gardeners and Golden residents.
1. Volunteer Hours: Garden membership requires each plot to perform 8 hours of service to the garden, in addition to maintaining one’s own plot. This can be fulfilled by attending 2 of the 4 group work days or by working 8 hrs per plot individually, serving on a committee, and/or mentoring/helping another gardener. On group work days, volunteers perform tasks such as weeding, landscaping, and mulching, as directed by the work day leader. Volunteer hours must be logged on our website. Log hours here.
2. Plot Maintenance: all plots must be maintained/weeded, including neighboring pathways, and fully planted prior to June 5th. If a garden appears neglected/abandoned (unwatered, unkempt, or overrun with weeds), a gardener will be given ten (10) days notice to maintain your plot. Gardeners agree to use or donate their produce and not let it go to rot in their plot. After this time your plot will be re-assigned.
3. Organic Gardening: Gardeners shall use organic gardening practices which prohibits the use of non-organic pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers.
4. Maintain Common Areas: Gardeners shall collectively maintain common areas and furnishings, fencing, trees, trash removal, compost bins, water lines, and garden equipment.
5. Plot Cleanup: All dead plants, weeds, trash, tools, sticks and cages are to be removed and stored by November 1.
6. Waiver: All gardeners and volunteers shall sign a waiver. Gardeners sign one as part of the application process and must be signed electronically and in person at the annual orientation meeting.